TUPA(Transport Urban Planning Arena) invites applications for multiple Masters and PhD positions in various areas of the Transportation engineering under BK21 Four support https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200206008200315.
BK21 Four is the project to strengthen the education and training capacity of excellent graduate schools and foster academic successors in order to enhance national competitiveness in the future. Only 7 universities in Korean universities were selected to enhance the area of Smart City. Our department successfully grants it to support highly competitive graduate students for next 7 years. https://bkplus.nrf.re.kr/
TUPA(Transport Urban Planning Arena)
TUPA was established by Dr. Inhi Kim in 2015 consisting of two research teams; one is in Monash University, Australia and the other is in Monash Suzhou campus, China. The Monash team does research aligned with Institute of Transport Study (https://www.monash.edu/engineering/its/home). ITS is a leading transport institute at Monash University with a long history as the Key National Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Research in Transport Management recognised by the Australian Government. The Suzhou team was established to gain a range of advanced skills with a global perspective and develop more sustainable transport systems.
Now TUPA has just started a new chapter in Kongju National University, Korea. We dedicate our valuable time to improve our daily lives by providing solutions to urban and traffic problems.
Tupa is embarking on a range of exciting research projects, offering an unprecedented opportunity for recent graduates to establish their postgraduate career in various transport engineering fields. The TUPA offers a coherent PhD and Masters by research program for high achieving passionate students and is committed to creating an intellectually exhilarating and vibrant environment towards excellence.
- Machine learning in Transportation
- Safety analytics
- Data science in Transportation
- Simulation including VR/AR
- Advanced transport planning strategy
- Modelling temporal spatial analysis
Please visit Dr. Kim’s webpages to see what research has been conducting.
- Tuition fee for 1st semester (Journal publications are necessary to maintain the tuition fee scholarship for the succeeding semester).
- Monthly stipend. Top-up scholarship available.
- Participating in research and development projects.
- Attending local and international conferences.
- Applicants must have completed at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Data Science, Transport engineering, Urban planning.
- The applicant must have a strong academic record, which, for example, amounts to a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (out of 4.0) or higher, or an average score of 70 or higher, or equivalent to H1 or First-Class Honours Degree.
- The applicant is highly recommended to have some knowledge/background and a strong interest in the following areas: machine learning, big data, simulation, modelling.
- The following criteria will be considered during the assessment:
- Candidate’s academic performance in the bachelor’s degree (or Master’s degree),
- Quality of the degree completed (preference will be given to Master’s degree),
- Completion time of the degree,
- Knowledge in the relevant research field including any publications in reputable journals and conferences,
- English language proficiency and
- Online interviews and references.
Expected commencement date: The selected applicants will be admitted on the spring semester in Feb 2021.
Faculty/Portfolio: Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
Location: Cheonan Campus, Kongju National University, South Korea
Closing date for expression of interest (EOI): 05 October 2020
Interview: Selected candidates will be given an interview early Oct 2020
- A curriculum vitae, including a list of published works
- A full statement of academic record, supported by scanned copies of relevant certified documentation
- Contact details of two academic referees
- Evidence of English-language proficiency
Inquiries shall be sent to:
The Lead Chief Investigator, Dr Inhi Kim, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kongju National University, South Korea